When you join the Academy, in addition to the academic material on The Dog Scientific Website, you’ll have access to a broad range of support materials:
- Tried and tested training plans for all key behaviors plus extensive guidance in training plan development – The use of training plans with clear criteria allows for efficiency and supports positive outcomes for clients. Throughout their education, students are mentored by staff and colleagues on training plan development and this support continues after students have successfully completed the program, allowing for supervised practice and ongoing growth and development.
- Professionally written client handouts on all behavior problems which you can brand and modify for your practice – The Academy has created a wide range of handouts designed to meet the most common needs of trainers and their clients.
- Lesson plans and homework sheets for basic training and puppy classes that you can modify and brand – Tried and true curriculums that have been vetted and utilized by hundreds of Academy grads provide the groundwork for successful class instruction.
- Forms to help you structure how you take a client history – Obtaining relevant information from owners prior to beginning training or behavior modification improves efficiency and can support positive outcomes.
- Attorney-drafted waivers and agreements for training services – The Academy provides forms and verbiage to help students set their businesses up successfully.
- Books from our reading list that will be selected for you based on your reading to date – Our extensive and in-depth reading list includes titles related to topics such as genetics, psychology and more. View reading list
- Discussion Forums – Our online discussion forums foster community and growth. While participation in our discussion groups is not obligatory, students who utilize groups generally gain more from the program as they gain a trusted cadre of peers and colleagues around the world with whom they study, troubleshoot cases with and help provide a solid foundation for career development and longevity.