Way To Behave: Carmen LeBlanc, MS, ACAAB, CPDT, CTC
Behavior and training for dogs and cats
Way To Behave offers dog and cat owners the following pet behavior services:
- In-home behavior therapy with cat & dog owners for all types of aggression from mild to severe, fears and phobias, separation anxiety, destructiveness, compulsive behaviors, predatory chase, excessive vocalization, inappropriate elimination, and geriatric behavior problems.
- Behavior evaluations and temperament testing for puppies and adult dogs.
- Training lessons in basic to advanced obedience, puppy training packages, AKC Canine Good Citizen, and competition dog sports, such as Rally Obedience. Competition Obedience, and Canine Freestyle.
I’m proud to bring academic credentials, professional certifications, and 15 years’ experience to my work helping dog and cat owners find relief from frustrating pet behavior problems with effective, animal-friendly, scientific behavior therapy and training. I provide a highly effective combination of formal education with supervised professional experience and advanced hands-on training experience. My credentials include:
- I am an Associate Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist (through the Animal Behavior Society, 2009)
- I have a Master’s of Science degree in animal behavior/experimental psychology (2007).
- I am a Certified Professional Dog Trainer (through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers, 2003).
- I am a valedictorian graduate of the Academy, with a CTC (Certificate in Training & Counseling, 2003).
- My career spans nine years behavior consulting and teaching classes, 4 of those as director of a large behavior and training school, and six in animal sheltering leadership.
- In my spare time, I compete and title my dogs in Competition and Rally Obedience.